Public Consultation on the closure of Norfolk Lodge
Public Consultation on the closure of Norfolk Lodge - Thursday 23rd July - 5.30-8pm at Vestry Hall, London Road, Mitcham (light supper at 5.30pm).
This consultation is about the provision for mental health care which will replace Norfolk Lodge, an 11-bed stepdown ward in the community for patients under Section 17, patients with community treatment orders and voluntary patients with complex needs, which is due to close on 7th September 2015. The consultation is organised by the new Mental Health Forum for Merton, chaired by MVSC and Merton Healthwatch.
Guest speakers include:
- Mark Clenaghan, South West London St George’s - Head of Operations
- David Freeman, Merton CCG – Director of Commissioning and Planning
- Emma Gennard, Merton CCG – Mental Health Commissioning
- Rahat Ahmed-Man, London Borough of Merton – Head of Assessment and Commissioning
- Introductions and purpose of event
- Overview of project plan and key timescales
- The engagement process and timescales
- Draft Service Specification and Interim Service Arrangements – overview and how the shaping process works
- What comes next?
- Pre sent questions for panel to answer set by the Mental Health Forum
- Open to floor - questions and answers
The consultation is open to all, but you will need to register in advance for catering purposes. Please click on the link to register http://www.mvsc.co.uk/stepdownservices