Protect yourself and your family against Flu
Make sure you stay well this winter!
Flu is a common infectious viral illness spread by coughs and sneezes. It can be very unpleasant, but you'll usually begin to feel better within about a week.
However, it can lead to serious complications if you have a long-term health condition and it can be horrible for little children. If children catch flu they can quickly spread it around the whole family.
The best way to protect yourself and your family is to get the flu jab.
Free flu vaccination is available on the NHS for:
- Children aged 2 and 3 (nasal spray)
- Children in reception class and school years one to four (nasal spray)
- Children and adults with a long term condition
- Pregnant women
- Everyone over 65 years old
It's free because you need it!
We are encouraging parents of children aged 2 – 3 and school children from reception class through to year 4 to have their children vaccinated. The flu vaccine for children is a quick and easy nasal spray.
- For children aged 2 and 3 their nasal spray vaccine is available through your GP.
- School children from reception class through to school year four will get their nasal spray through their school.
The flu vaccination is the best protection we have against an unpredictable virus.
If you are eligible for the flu vaccine get it now – it's free because you need it. Contact your GP, local pharmacist or midwife to get the flu jab
Find a list of local pharmacies offering the jab here www.londonflu.co.uk
Visit nhs.uk/staywell for more information. Download the flu leaflet from the link below: